FREEPHONE: 0508 237 483 FREEPHONE: 0508 237 483

Dangerous Goods Endorsement


If you are transporting Dangerous Goods, you usually need to have the Dangerous Goods (D) Endorsement on your driver licence. A lot depends on what you are transporting, how much of it and under what circumstances.

Dangerous Goods Endorsement expires after five years.

About the Course

This course is a 1 day theory training and assessment. Once you have completed the course and you are competent, you go to the AA or VTNZ to endorse your certificate on your licence. There will be a charge of $44.00 for this.

Unit Standard

16718 Demonstrate knowledge of law and practice for the transport of Dangerous Goods by road. 3 5 3

What Will I Need?

  • You must hold at least a learner car licence.
  • Must supply evidence of your identity e.g. Current Driver’s Licence.

Interested in other options?

If you have any problems with reading or writing or with numbers, then please inform us. We need to know so we can support you. There are a variety of options we can offer you. 

Want to Know More?

If you would like to know more information about the Dangerous Goods Endorsement, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss the options available to you.

Brochure Download

This file is in Adobe Acrobat format Download our Dangerous Goods Endorsement brochure (PDF).

Need a PDF Reader?

Get Adobe ReaderTo read our brochures you will require a PDF reader to be installed on your computer. If your browser software does not currently support Adobe PDF, please download the free Adobe Reader software program by clicking the icon above.